Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hong Kong

I must say that HKUST, in terms of its campus, location, and residence halls, is better than I had expected. There are stunning views of Clearwater Bay everywhere on campus, but honestly, I'm not really into the whole seaview thing hehe. The campus is HUGE and there are about 30 to 40 lifts (not "elevators" because we speak British English here) that take you up and down the campus because it's located on a hill. Also, there are residences for staff and their families. In order to get to my dorm from the main level, I would need to take 3 lifts (a total of about 25 levels down). It's really secluded and quiet here; the school even has its own supermarket, hair salon, 3 different banks, Chinese dim sum/tea restaurants, a large cafeteria, McDonald's, and so on. I've been taking the busses/minibusses to the nearest subway station to escape- a subway ride then takes me to the city center :)

Look at how blue the sky is. This is rare in Hong Kong:



My side of the room (before and after):



That's it for now, I'll do a continuation of this next time (hopefully soon).

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahhh! the view is soooo pretty! and HKUST is really pretty too, it looks really new ^__^
    &you bought a 火龍果!! 哈哈, 好吃嗎? 我好懷念香港的美食!!!!!!!!! 好羨慕!
    but does it take a long time to get out to the city? 你要搭校巴然後又要搭小巴然後先去到地鐵站! 好像很遠啊! 你ok嗎?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUSSES? omg, what kind of english is that? lol i doubt there are 2 S's even in British english...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, plural of "bus" can be spelled buses or busses lol... I actually thought "buses" was wrong because I've seen "busses" but I just went to look at the dictionary :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, I there's actually no 校巴... The 小巴station is just outside the school. There are also a few KCR buses that take you to the subway stations. It's about a 10 min ride to the "Choi Hung" MTR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that fast! then you could probably walk to the train station if you didn't want to wait for the bus! that's a lot faster than I thought, which is really good for you then =] you can go out to the city everyday in no time ^_^

    ReplyDelete